I keep reminding myself bout the 7 deadly sins that at some degree I do possess.
Often my prideful self would expect to be praised for my achievement, my ego would want ppl to acknowledge that i just got older by a year. Discouragement and criticisms are like forms of curses that I really wanna just throw em back or totally shun away from.
I can still remember getting my art doodled over like its just something of no importance. I was very angry at first. Though all happened in the digital realm, still i can't forgive the act of being disrespectful towards my art. I got bitter after telling off the person who i thought "wronged me". Confidently i thought i could accept any form of critique thrown to me for my art. In the end, i succumbed to my pride. I asked for opinions, reasoned with ppl so to justify my anger was a necessary one. Misunderstanding they say. It wasnt just a mere misunderstanding, the problem was me. I guess i did give a warning that "i do not need further comments regarding this particular area". Doesn't really justify the fact that i cannot come to proper standing when i get jabbed in my weaker points. Avoiding hurt, doesn't make a person grow. Identifying and overcoming the hurt by chaging my attitude. Things will definitely look different. Humbling self, i musn't complain its hard. But to be meek, its a challenge.
What if ppl are out there to hurt you? Must i tolerate all this unwanted negatives? I must confess, if im in such a situation, i would try my very best to not be affected and seriously pray. Pray? Nonsense!! Forgive the person? IMPOSSIBLE!!! Yah, forgiveness has to come first. But reconciliation needs both parties. Hate what sinful act the person had done but not the person.
I still say its impossible. Then my friend, you're still not ready. When you're ready, you will experience greater fullness and joy in our mission on earth.
Sunday, July 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »
Post a Comment