Thursday, September 03, 2009

One creation I must ask God when i meet Him. Is why He made COCKROACHES?



random doodle just to practice whether i still know how to draw my comic character. SIGH*

Usually ppl come back exhausted from CAMPS. 2008 MYF CAMP was sure to be remembered. However MYF CAMP take 2 this year was extra uplifting. And having Mr Selvaraj to inspire us with words of wisdom from God. I do feel most charged up and convinced I dun need to be merely surviving when in Christ, I'm a victor.
OKIES Intro aside, my evaluation of this camp as a camp goer for well MANY MANY years. Is truly a Retreat Made by God. Campers were few, but more than previous and was encouraged to see yet to be myfers or ex-myfers joining. Actually, it was a blessing to be amidst so many bro & sis in Christ coming together to hear God despite our busy schedule. I was blessed richly coming back from this retreat.

Got closer to many ppl i would never had chance to have any encounter with them if they didnt sign up. Enjoyed a relaxing weekend away from work, from family (technically, in camp, me n my bros werent talking to each other much), from church, from stress, technology was still there, WiFi and movies and Laptops. Seeing the sunset horizon was just so soothing, God made all things so beautiful, even the sun and sky and sea and cloud are ever praising Him. Delights the heart.

Apart from gaining head knowledge from the theme talks. The discussions made me look back at my christian growth and how God has led me to where I am today. Everything that had happened, was for my good, and thus it increases my faith in Him who is always in control. Why should I even be worried about where i will live, what job i might change to or even whether i would have a family of my own. All in good hands.

Never, in my life have i ever finish building not just a castle with alot of extra help, and with developers that seized the opportunity to expand the territory with no notion of what the castle will look like exactly, and even planting trees and landscaping the gardens with rocks and pond. And even decided to make a canal for water to flow into the developing land. When I first started putting sand into the bucket, I had no idea of the outcome. Until I start putting my hands at work and then slowly an idea pops up, and all it takes is more perseverance to get the shape of the building right. But i need to work on the foundation first, if not the castle will not stand. help came along. I was thinking of working on it alone, but ppl took interest and poured in their time and energy to help shape the foundation. When i realise they were serious in helping, I shared my vision with them. They caught it, and so we continued putting the sand castle together. Then others saw abit of the shape of the castle coming along, they too took interest and started expanding the territory. When it was all finally done, we see a very well put together MYF paradise at PD. I was once again reminded that we should always put christ as the head. Not just any ordinary flag of our own names, but a cross that points to salvation & love.

Mindset, Maturity, Ministry, Missions.

Everyone that were at the Survivor Or Victor MYF CAMP. I see God living in everyone of u guys. Thankyou for simply being there.

2 comments:

KL Wesley MYF (18ups) said...

Dear Mandy

Great to read how much u enjoyed the camp and was blessed by it. Indeed I was amazed at the Castle built and though I missed the fun in building it, it was preserved and I got to see the next morn when we did our devotions. Truly amazing what the MYFers can do when they unite as one.

GBU,
Anu

Pea said...

wrong, it wasnt just MYFers, it was ppl of God. Though we find a need to categorise and cluster ppl into groups and give them identities. But no matter which sg or which org we may be from, we need every part of the body to chip in their talents to build God's kingdom. to build MYF ministry we need everyone else too.