My thoughts on AXN Anime Fest 2003.
U ppl must be wondering wat the hell took me so long to come up with a report.
Ack, there's my freaking essay. N I just don't feel like saying much.
I would have hated the whole event if I were a visitor. I guess running the drawing contest for em wasn't the bad part. Cos I really was overwhelmed by the response ^^;; 150 forms sent in. And only 100 were accepted. OK, axn really did a great job in the publicity part there. But I nearly freak out when I saw wat em talented ppl did within just 1 hour. WALAUeee.. They had to tolerate pushing 'mules' (according to my other friend, the crowd were cows?!) staring eyes, STUPID banging loud speaker right beside the drawing contest area, cosplay contest on stage... etc. Sweats, it was the most terrible atmosphere for a drawing contest.. But em.. 99 participants survived em all. The contestants were more obedient than the crowd. Maybe they were too nervous to start annoying me. The results were good, I wanted to da bau all the artworks back. I'm just being plain greedy here. Ehehehe.. it took the judges A very long time to come up with 3 winners. I was wondering.. y don't they have 3 sessions?? No matter.. larrr... Ok my team was great. Sends virtual hersheys to em. ahahah.. 9 ppl were running the drawing reg counter, the contest, the contestants, the artworks.
It all started at 10.30 am in front of the hall c. Blah.. i nearly slipped my tongue to ask axn y they chose such a small hall the day b4. But i guess all of us were still dubious bout the crowd even the day b4. Ok... I just had to admit, msian are no less kiasu than our neighbouring country. V have ppl waiting in front of the grill OREDI. n the area in front of hall was PACKED when it was 11.30am. Our team was divided into 2 groups, half inside n half outside. N axn didn't give us a speaker to start with, I had to move back n forth of the so called line shouting 'Drawing contest line, One line pls, Can i have one line pls'..." And ppl are so unreal. they had to come up to our counter with a guardian n demand us to layan em properly. I just don't wanna talk bout it. Dragged Eugene to come n settle the stupid prob for me. N in the end.. I wasn't happy bout the decision but had to do so likewise. Watever.. at least those who persevered got in the contest. I think shyu n lily were goin to stranggle each who came up acting blurr. The line was just impossible. The queue was not moving, cos ppl had to bring a herd friends to line up together with em. Too many ppl wanted to get in.. oh well.. I had so many asking me where is the line. slaps head.. Watever.. 12pm, the grill was still shut. Went to ask y they ain't letting the ppl it. I had a feeling if they hadn't open the grill in another 20 minutes, ppl were goin to barge in unintentionally cos.. everyone was just stucked outside. n Many were still coming in. The ppl were just pushing from outside. Fortunately I have access to the side door and oso.. staff routes. ie. behind the stage, where there's more air to breathe.
I got whacked in the face, toes got stepped on many times.. pushed around n all that while making errands around the hall. Despite my size, it was just too hard to go through crowds. If i were in India, prolly got grabbed a hundred times or more. Ish.. Never liked crowds.. IT was like CF2002 but a larger scale. Okies... Things were just very disorganised. But came thru ler..
AH.. i missed taking photos with cosplayers.. I was with sizer earliar in the morning but.. then.. everyone wan was BUSY. I didn't have a camera, so too bad. I nearly wanted to cosplay bou-chan. But reckon its not a good idea. My costume will get wrecked, n i'll be bathing in my own sweat. n I'll have no time to take photos with ppl. But there was a outenkun, I didn't know that..... Look at how busy i was. -.-;;; Friends saw me, but i didn't have time to chat. CF forumers were all around, but me was too blind to have noticed. Feeling AWful all of a sudden. Oh.. I had learnt bout demos by MAAO b4 the event n had PLANNED to stick my butt around for em sessions. In the end I only managed to catch a paragraph of how Reins was handling the crowd, a few lucky minutes of Aimo inking her comic. Zid cging. ehehe.. N well.. Eisu was really not himself that day. N oso to find out em naruto prints.. were ALL sold out. whistles.. WHAT... SOLD OUT in just.. the first hour after the crowd came it. 0.0;;;;;;;;;;;;
to be continued....
Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment